原材料 能源 水 土壤等
原材料 -- 纤维素Raw materials - Cellulose
贯彻我们的环保理念，供应商的选择程序有助于生产者贯彻可持续发展的林业政策，有可靠的第三方认证标准保证；我们几乎所有的供应商都能够根据认证标准提供相应的认证，如FSC, PEFC, SFI等等。
Our paper is made with cellulose, non-wood and non-forest fibres (e.g. cotton), synthetic fibres, mineral fillers, dyes and chemical additives.
Although in general the production of cellulose involves the felling of trees, Gruppo Cordenons aims to minimize the environmental impact both through technical choices and a strict policy of selection and monitoring of suppliers.
In line with our environmental commitments, the procedures for the supplier selection favour the producers implementing responsible (or sustainable) forestry policies, guaranteed by reliable and recognized certification criteria; almost all of our suppliers can provide certified products according to recognized certification criteria (FSC , PEFC, SFI, etc.).
To date, about 90% of the types of fibres supplied by Gruppo Cordenons can be classified as either Certified FSC or FSC Controlled Wood.
In relation to the volumes, the amount of cellulose obtained as certified or checked according to the COC FSC criteria, compared to total purchased pulp, is around 99%.
原材料 -- 化学成分Raw Materials - chemicals
作为纸张生产商，科德诺斯生产的产品在生产过程中要求用到化学物质和配制剂，因此下游用户需要符合EC Regulation 1907/2006 "REACH" (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals)条例。
为了最好的实施这个规定，我们实施了管理规程，即一方面为了有效的控制公司使用的化学物质，我们同化学物质供应商保持良好的沟通，同时另一方面培训员工，保证在生产过程中安全，负责的使用这些化学物质。(如符合EC 1272/2008 "CLP"规定)
同REACH条例紧密联系的，还有一个新的条例是关于杀菌剂的。(BPR - Biocidal Products Regulation - EU 528/2013)。杀菌剂事实上是用于纸厂中生产环节的卫生处理，但是大多数情况下他们也可以用于添加到某些特定纸品中，起到抑菌抗菌效果。基于这个原因考虑，我们也及时的检查供应商提供的原材料情况。
As paper producer Gruppo Cordenons produces articles whose manufacturing process requires the use of chemical substances and preparations, therefore complies with EC Regulation 1907/2006 "REACH" (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals) as downstream user.
In order to fulfil the requirements of the regulation in the best way, the company has officially implemented management procedures that allow on one hand a close working relationship and communication with its chemical suppliers resulting in the effective control of substances used by the company, while on other effective staff training programmes to ensure a safe and responsible use of chemicals in the production cycles (ref. Reg. EC 1272/2008 "CLP").
Strictly connected to the REACH Regulation, there is a new Regulation on biocides (BPR - Biocidal Products Regulation - EU 528/2013). Biocides in fact can be used in paper mills for the sanitization of production cycles, but in most cases they can be voluntarily added to certain types of paper to give it an antifungal/antimicrobial property. For this reason, the company has promptly reacted by checking the status of the raw materials used by its suppliers.
For its production cycles, Gruppo Cordenons mainly uses two kinds of energy:
• Electricity: mainly used for plant operations and to operate the production machines;
• Steam: mainly used as a thermal source for drying paper.
The company has opted for specific choices of industrial policy and investment for the reduction of energy consumption:
1. the exclusive use of natural gas (CNG) has been chosen as fuel and this has allowed not only to exploit an energy resource with a higher calorific value and therefore more efficient, but also to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide (CO2), one of the major causes of the greenhouse effect. On top of that, the company has decided to eliminate the emission of other pollutants, such as hydrogen sulphide and combustion ashes (fine dust);
2. a systematic procedure has been introduced for evaluating the energy impact in the new plants or when introducing substantial changes to the existing ones;
3. with considerable financial efforts, systems of combined production of electricity and steam (co-generation, in the Cordenons plant) have been implemented, which allow performances well above the traditional and the hydroelectric turbine plants (in the Scurelle plant) that exploit the natural water ways for the generation of electricity (about 1,500,000 kWh/year energy indicated as "green" in the grid).
EU Directive 2003/87/EC规定的此类生产活动允许产生温室气体，而作为纸张和卡板生产中日产量超过20吨的生产商的工业设施是属于这类的。
因此，根据欧盟规定，纸张生产设备是作为这个温室气体排放交易份额系统(ETS - Emissions Trading System)的一部分。这个系统是欧盟为了响应京都议定书的承诺。
2. 生产设备受监督，汇报排放情况 （由运营者来实施）
3. 欧盟规定的排放配额 ：
Air pollution is almost entirely due to the fumes of the boilers of the thermal power plants for the combustion of natural gas.
Industrial plants for the manufacture of paper and cardboard with a production capacity exceeding 20 tons/day fall into the categories provided for by the EU Directive 2003/87/EC as activities that generate greenhouse gases, just as carbon dioxide (carbon dioxide - CO2).
Therefore, according to this EU regulation, paper production facilities are part of the system of greenhouse gas emission trading allowances (ETS - Emissions Trading System). This system is the European Union’s response in order to fulfil the commitments agreed in the Kyoto Protocol for the reduction of greenhouse gases.
The ETS system develops on three steps:
1. the plant must be authorised to produce greenhouse gases (by a designated authority)
2. monitoring and reporting of emissions by the plant (carried out by the operator)
3. (EU) exchange emission allowances:
a. allowance allocation,
b. allowance trading and cancellation,
c. possible fines for excess allowances.
The purpose of the ETS is clearly defined in the object of the EU Directive:
“The European Union (EU) is establishing a scheme for greenhouse gas emission allowance trading for the cost-effective reduction of such emissions...”
Consequently, the ultimate goal of the system is to encourage the use of more energy-efficient technologies (co-generation features among these).
The water at the end of the production process cycle is transferred back to the environment. In our plants the water is discharged into a channelled surface watercourse.
During the papermaking process, the water is enriched with dissolved or suspended chemicals, which must be eliminated in order to re-discharge it in the environment in full respect of the chemical/physical parameters prescribed by law. For this reason, both plants have added, besides the physic-chemical purifier, also a system of biological purification.
Such treatment systems has allowed to significantly lower the pollution in terms of COD and BOD5.
In order to minimize the pollution load weighing on the purification plants (and the consequent production of resulting sludge), a close monitoring of the entire production cycle was also increased. This has allowed a greater attention in regulating the efficiency of continuous machines, increasing their retention and decreasing the workload of the fibre regenerators, thus ensuring their correct functioning.
The dangers of soil pollution at the Cordenons plants can result from:
- accidental spills of substances stored in fixed tanks;
- accidental spills of substances in mobile containers during handling operations;
- seepage of stockpile waste dispersed in the soil .
All the storage sites for fixed or mobile tanks as regards substances potentially hazardous for the environment and the soil have therefore been equipped with containment basins.
Procedures for the handling of these substances have been implemented and movable containers have been equipped with containment tanks. Areas of waste storage have been made safe.
Finally, in order to ensure the proper handling of products and the correct procedures to follow in case of leaks and spills, the staff is trained on a regular basis.